Saturday, November 5, 2011

Thankful

November is the month we all look over our last year and realize how much we have to be thankful for. I am no different in that. 

Christmas 2010
I wish I could remember everyday to be thankful for all that I have, but the reality is I don't. I get annoyed at the house and forget there are those that have no house. I get angry at my kids and forget how blessed I am to have all 5 of them. I get mad at paying the insurance co pays, when there are those that can't afford a doctors visit at all. There are so many more examples to this that I am sure you could add to my list. 

I wonder what world we would live in if everyday we all thought about everything God has given us to be thankful for. I have to say I would like to live in that world. So when December comes don't forget to still & be thankful for all that God has blessed you with, not only in the holiday season but all year long.  


UPDATE ON HALEIGH:
Halloween 2011 "Nemo"
I found a dermatologists that I have researched for a while here in Mobile. She seems like a great doctor and is in with a plastic surgeon, not saying I would change surgeons but they are in Mobile so I called to see about an appointment. They are not taking new patients with out a doctor referral. So I called Haleigh's primary doctor to get one. I have never  had a problem with them before, but this time he said he will not allow us to see another doctor and we need to go back to Birmingham

I was a little taken back. I explained that I can never get in touch with the doctors there and that they never call me back, along with how rude they are. On top of the extra wear and tear on the cars doesn't make since if there is a doctor right here in Mobile. While I respected his choice I am Haleigh 's mom and have the right to decide where we go for treatment. I was told I have the right to take her where ever I want but that he would not help us get in with this other doctor and to go back to Birmingham. I am glad I was just on the phone because I was so so mad. 

I then sat and tried to think of what to do. I will not go back to Birmingham they did not treat us with respect while we were there and I have made calls to them about different worries of mine, those calls have never been returned so I have had to rely on Dr Google for input and that is not fair to me and Haleigh.

So I decided Haleigh needs a new primary care doctor.  

Finding a new doctor is scary to say the least, but I know Haleigh needs to see a dermatologist and I know we can not get the kind of care I want in Birmingham so I called around and researched some doctors. Since Haleigh has a birthday next week we have an appointment for her 3 year check up with a new primary care doctor. 

County Fair 2011 (Haleigh w/ Stormy, Maddie's friend)
I am scared and nervous to take her somewhere new. She has seen the primary care doctor we are leaving since birth, but I know this is right.

I am thankful I live in a county where I have a choice on my daughters health care. I am thankful I have insurance that allows me choices with out questions. 



No comments:

Post a Comment