Monday, October 4, 2010

The Understanding of Others

Mom's front porch

Believe it or not there are some people out there who do not understand why we are pushing for Haleigh to have surgery at such a young age. And there are even some who think it is wrong to make this choice for her.

I really wish others could go with Haleigh and have other moms tell their children she has something on her face. I always smile and say I know, that is the way she was born. I have got the “oh sorry”, the smile because they do not know what else to say and I have been asked 100 questions too.

I can honestly say I out of the 3 I would rather get asked questions. I mean saying you’re sorry? Really for what, I am not sorry she was born this way. God made her that way and I love her I am not sorry. And if you don’t know what to say after that then maybe you should not have said anything to begin with!


Then today I was really unsure how to handle a spot I was in. I was shopping at Winn Dixie they employ people with mental handy caps. I have no problem with that. I think it is great. Except the man who was aching our stuff didn't understand that her face was not dirty and he kept trying to wipe it. They did nothing it was up to me. I had to tell him not to touch my baby! I guess it just upset me. Sometimes, I wonder if everyone looks at her and then at me and wonder why I do not wash her face

No comments:

Post a Comment