Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Fever

Haleigh had a fever tonight. Took it once and it was 100.3 the instructions from the hospital said to call with fever over 101.5 so I gave her Tylenol. 2 hours later her fever is 102.1. So I gave her Motrin and called the dr. Because UAB is a teaching hospital the on call resident gets paged. Hear I sit 2 hours later with no return call and a sleeping child who's fever went away with Motrin. I'm telling you if that man calls after I get to sleep he's getting an ear full and no about fever either. If I don't hear anything I'm going to call back in the morning during office hours. I'm actually sure Haleigh is fine she has no symptoms of being sick no couch or runny nose and she's on antibiotics until tomorrow night and the expander looks fine from the outside. A little bruised sure but not swollen and not red so I really think things are fine. However my instructions are to call with fever that high and I am not a doctor therefore I don't know if it could mean more and I am not taking chances with my baby girl.

I really hope she and I get sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment