Saturday, August 10, 2013

Fills at home.

Haleigh is doing really well this round of expanders. We have done 3 fills so far, two of them at home. We have to have her sister Madalyn hold her or its a complete no go. I am so blessed with an older daughter who helps and knows she is needed.

Haleigh is not completely without fear of these fills. She says it hurts when I'm not started. But once the line is in the port and the saline is going in she's still and when I'm done she says "that's it, it didn't hurt". There are tears before from being scared but no tears after or during the actual fill. I feel bad because I have to be stern with her and tell her we have to and she must sit and be still. When what I really want is to hug her and tell her I'm sorry and never do another fill. Being a mom sure is hard. 



No comments:

Post a Comment