Friday, May 13, 2011

Cold and Flu season

I am guessing Haleigh has her seasons messed up, or maybe we are just more careful in the winter.

Last spring Haleigh developed a cough that lasted 2 months I took her to the Dr a couple times and we were given a couple different meds to try 1st an antibiotic then an allergy med then a liquid steroid. That helped for the 5 days she was on it then 2 days off and she was coughing again! So her doctor said she had asthma, we were given breathing treatments, 2 meds 3 times a day at 1st then after a week 2 meds once a day. If we missed any we knew if, we took all her meds everywhere we went. Last summer we spent a lot of time in the doctors office whezzy. We also had lots of fevers and colds and ear infections.

One weekend we went out of town it was november and we stayed longer than we planned and I ran out of meds, she was with out the one night and I got them filled where we were, but she was doing good so Jason and I decided to see if she still needed them. She had been on them for 6 months. Well Haleigh did great and we have not had to give her any treatments intill today. She went through 2 surgeries, and ALL winter with out any help, she has actually been really healthy, no bad cough or cold no flu, we were blessed through winter with good health.

Now that the weather is nice out, and we are out side a lot and I guess I take her out more because its not cold, well she has a fever, developed a cough in the last week, that is not going away and tonigh at the ball park she was wheezy! She has a compleate cold with runny nose, I need to teach her when cold and flu season is I guess.

Right now its 1135 PM and she is laying watching Finding Nemo. She has not been active all day and I am sure we are going to have a long night.

I don't think it would be wise for us to schedule a surgery in the summer time, I think Haleigh has some allergies that only come out in the summer, although when we went to the allergy doctor we were told she was mildly allergic to Dust, pollen, rag weed, and grass. But that none of her allergies were bad enough to need any meds or to see him again! Well right now I beg to differ, but instead I will get her some zertec and albuteol and yet to get through the summer with out any bad spells!

No comments:

Post a Comment