Saturday, April 23, 2011

Some Questions are Better than Others.

This past week was spring break for my older kids, we had a great time and did lots of fun stuff with them.

On Friday I took them to the beach, it was such a great day, toward the end of our time there, I was sitting on the beach close to the water watching the kids run and jumping in the water. When a man who I have to say creeped me out a bit since he was in long pants and a sweater, sat maybe 4 feet from me and was alone. I was glad to have a friend with me.

Anyway Haleigh loves everyone, it scares me how loving she is to everybody! So she was going to hand him her shovel and I said no baby here I am. She came to me then this guy turns around and asked what happened to her face. I told him it was her birthmark and it was just the way she was born. He said "oh".

Haleigh was sitting in front of me digging in the sand when this guy turns around and asked her name, Haleigh didn't answer neither did I so he said it again Haleigh gets up and walks to the water and said "I princess" lol, she came right back and this guy then said, "is that hair?", I said "yes its part of her birthmark" he had this look on his face like either I was lying, or he was confused. He was really starting to creep me out and my friend said, oh its 130, we are so going to be late! I agreed and we gathered our kids and left. She felt the same creepy feelings I did. I use to take the kids by myself to this beach all the time now I don't think I will.

Today I went to get some last minute food from wal mart, I hate going in there, so I was in line waiting and a woman behind me starts talking to Haleigh, she said what's your name, Haleigh answered "princess" as always!

Then the woman looked at me and said "oh is that a birthmark" I wanted to dye! Ugh twice in 2 days really! I just said yes and then I was shocked and happy all at the same time, she said "its a CMN?" um... Yes I say, she said my grandson had on on his back and neck we went to Florida to have it removed. I told her we were just staring getting hers taken off and she offered the doctors number they used, but I told her we had one and showed her where Haleigh's scars were, she didn't notice them until I pointed them out. She told me how great Haleigh looked and I told her the real name so she could pray for us. I left smiling and wondering why other people who ask questions can be more like this lady, and I realized its because she had been there and understood what we were going through, and how questions might make us feel. She is in our Nevus family!

No comments:

Post a Comment