Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Uncomfortable

Haleigh is getting uncomfortable and I don't blame her. If I had a bubble on the side of my face I would be uncomfortable too, Honestly I would have been complaining long before now. I am amazed by the ability and strength my daughter has.

We are at 250cc of saline now and we will try to add in another 30cc tomorrow night. I have had to give her Motrin this week because at first she said her bubble hurt. Now she says its pulling her nose. And I can see how it feels like its pulling her to one side. I can't wait to have this part of the process over with. I know I have said this over and over, but I hate the expander. I love that they were invented and are there to help children and others like Haleigh, but I hate dealing with them. I never wanted to do expanders and I am praying we never have to do another one. I am in awe of these other parents who do 3,4, or more rounds of expanders. I am not sure I would be strong enough to handle round after round of this. But I also never thought I would be strong enough to do one round, I never thought I would be able to fill her bubble at home myself, and I do that. I guess you never know what you can do until you are given no choice.

So Haleigh is uncomfortable but not in pain. Her bubble still has a way to grow, and I know she's going to be more uncomfortable as time goes on and it stays bigger after each fill. But we dont have much longer. I should have a removal date in a couple weeks. I can call them when I get to 280-300 and we will set surgery 2-3 weeks from then. If we can get the 30 in this week we will be at 280. We are looking at the week of Thanksgiving at that point.



2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry she is getting uncomfortable. She is still a beautiful child- inside and out. Fingers crossed the next month or so go quickly and smoothly for you all. I can't imagine having the strength that all of you have had to display. Big hugs to your wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete