Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Behind the Glue

Today is 2 weeks from surgery, and Haleigh is doing awesome. When she first came out of surgery she had stitches with glue on them and tape over the glue! We wanted to be sure it didn't come open, it held really good and when we took he to have her stitches out she still had most of the take on, I only saw a small bit of her stiches. When they we're removed more glue was applied, but no tape! So I could see her but it still was covered a lot. Today a week after stiches removal some of the glue has chipped off and under the glue is a very thin line. I know its a scar, but you can't really see it. I was actually expecting it to look more red and I guess more like my c section scar did 2 weeks after, that is the only surgery scar anyone has for me to compare to.

The line is perfectly straight, and very thin. I can not wait until all the glue has chipped off, its starting too and kinds looks like icing off a cup cake left on her face. As soon as the glue is off we are going to have family pictures made. Everyone already has their clothes so we are all set. Its been a while since we had a good family picture made. And Haleigh is not in it! I can't wait to show them off!

No comments:

Post a Comment