Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Big Day

Today was Haleigh's big day. And this is how it went.

At 230 am I woke up and my mom got to the house we loaded the car and left the house at 3. Haleigh slept most of the way. We live off exit 15. UAB is at exit 259. We were making great time until we got to Clanton. Exit 205, an 18 wheeler had south bound closed. We got off and got on 31 however we were going south and needed to go north. 5 miles and one gps search later we turned around and were headed in the right direction. We got back on the interstate at exit 234. Everything was good until we got to 250. It took 45 minutes to get from mile 250 to  mile 259. 9 miles took 45 minutes. A 4 hour trip took 6 hours. I was annoyed. The hospital was really good and understanding though. So finally we check in and wait. 


We got back into preop and got our gown on and they took her vital signs. Then we waited some more. We were second today. But still his first case ran over. Then Haleigh's case ran way over as well. I never wanna be his last case. It's great that he takes his time. When your dealing with children's faces you do not want to rush. 


They took her back and she was all smiles. "Bye mom, I love you see you soon" 



I was given this pager so They could get me if I left the waiting room. Parents leave the waiting room? I wasn't but I took it anyway. 




I staired at this screen with information about what stage they were in. 



I drank a lot of coffee. I also made a lot of coffee. 



Finally after over 3 hours. It was time to talk to the dr. The first thing he said was " you did such a great job filling the expander. We had enough skin to take all of her Nevus, she looks great" I was overwhelmed. We didn't think there would be enough for her lips. So that also means no more expanders. She may have to have another surgery or two but she will not have to have another expander. I am overjoyed by that. I went to the gift shop and got her a ballon and an animal. Later a really good friend sent her a different ballon and Animal. She loves them. 


Then we loaded our stuff and headed up stairs to her room for the night. 



We got to get room before she did. Sat and waited on her. 



We have a great view from the 9th floor. 



Then my baby girl came in the room. She is sleeping. She needed a little oxygen because she was so sleepy. She has her IV fluids and antibiotics. Her plus ox and BP cuff. 
The dr came by said she looks great and the skin is awesome looking. 








I invision a long night a head of us. And a long week. The swelling will go down the stitches will dissolve on their own. She will be left with scars that will be hidden in the lines of her face. 



God has been so good to us. 



At the moment she has awoke and ate a purple ice pop and is drinking apple juice. 

She is amazing. I am going to go cuddle her and will try to update tomorrow afternoon. When hopefully we home then. 























6 comments:

  1. love love love! way to go all of you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everything is going in a positive manner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to hear. Hugs to you and your beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! I was so nervous yesterday thinking of you all. Glad everything went well, I hope you had a peaceful night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome! God is So GOOD:)

    ReplyDelete