Thursday, February 7, 2013

First Fill

We traveled in the rain today to learn to do fills for Haleigh's expander. And to make sure she is healing good from surgery 3 weeks ago.

Good news she is healing perfectly. Thank goodness. She however didn't like the fill. She didn't want the nurse putting on the "magic cream" (that numbs the skin) on her. Then she wanted me to hold her. Then she just wanted her daddy. (Who was at home) she was not in any pain because we were still filling it when she stopped crying. So I believe she was just scared.

The doctor gave me all the things I need to do the fills at home every wed. If we have any problems I can call him and they will see me on Thursday. But there is also 2 drs here that will help me if I need it. I think I am going to be able to do this at home though. It's not hard. The actual hard part is going to be keeping Haleigh still so I don't poke her skin and I get the port everytime.

I have enough supplies to do 6 fills the. He wants to see her in the office on March 21st to see how we are coming with the expander and how much we've gotten in it.

The expander will hold 300cc. We are using a 30cc plunder so and there is 30 cc already in there so I'm hoping in 8-9 weeks we will be done!! I am so excited to use that word!









1 comment: