Sunday, January 30, 2011

As long as it's healthy.

I bet you have heard almost every pregnant woman and maybe even some expectant fathers say that they do not care if they have a boy or a girl, as long as the baby is healthy that is all that matters to them.

So my question is what is the difference, in wanting a boy, a girl, and healthy? No one wants to say they want a girl because if then they have a boy people will say aw sorry you didn't get what you wanted. So goes for if you wanted a boy. But what if you say all you want is a healthy baby?

What if your baby is not healthy? What then all you wanted was healthy and you didn't get it, so do you love your baby less because they are not healthy? What do you say to a new parent who for 8 months have said all they want is a healthy baby? Then they have a baby who is not completely healthy?

We didn't care if Haleigh was a boy or girl and yes as every parent we prayed she would be healthy. But I never said all I wanted was for her to be healthy, because really being perfectly healthy is not all that important. I wanted nothing more than a child to bring into our home and love. That is all that mattered to me. I think a lot of parents would agree with me on that.

I think people that have children that never have a health problem, will never truly understand how much some other parents go through. Having had children that were and still are healthy from the moment of birth and then the other side too. I can say as different as parenting a sick child is your love for them is the same and your protection for them more!

No comments:

Post a Comment